Brother Lawrence 1611 — 1691
- "And it is not necessary to have great things to do. I turn my little omelette in the pan for the love of God."
- "There's no greater lifestyle and no greater happiness than that of having a continual conversation with God."
- "Many things are possible for the person who has hope. Even more is possible for the person who has faith. And still more is possible for the person who knows how to love. But everything is possible for the person who practices all three virtues."
- "We ought not to be weary of doing little things for the love of God, who regards not the greatness of the work, but the love with which it is performed.."
- "It is not the greatness of the work which matters to God but the love with which it is done.."
- "People seek methods of learning to know God. Is it not much shorter and more direct to simply do everything for the love of Him? There is no finesse about it. One only has to do it generously and simply."